The Reliable and Clean Energy Resource
The term biomass refers to organic matter that has stored energy through the process of photosynthesis. Biomass provides between 25 to 50 % of the calorific value of oil and coals which converts to energy through combustion or digestion and all times.
Due to its higher volume (lower density) when compared to oil or coal biomass is predestinated for the decentralized utilization of by-products from forestry, agriculture, wood processing or food industry.
LAWI Engineering - Advanced Utilization instead of Burning Down
Advantages of heat and electric power generation from biomass fuels:
- Renewable energy: Biomass is inexhaustible when its cultivation is organized. The energy cycle is closed.
- CO2-neutral: The combustion product carbon dioxide, released during combustion, becomes bound from the atmosphere through photosynthesis in the renewable biomass source later on
- High profit: Power and heat generation from renewable energy sources profits from a variety of incentives from local governments in forms of guaranteed adders and feed in tariffs, import tax exemptions (BoI) and income tax holidays. Furthermore additional income can be realized from trading of carbon credit rights (CDM).
- Local price: Biomass fuels are independent of the cost development for oil and coal. Moreover they are tax-free and partly subsidized.
- Clean firing technology: In comparison to oil and coal very low exhaust gas emissions are released into the environment
- Added value for the community/region: The energy sources do not have to be imported. A considerable amount of plant components of the LAWI EtaPlant® can be supplied by local resources, which in turn provides regional employment.
- High security of supply: No dependence on fossil energy sources during energy crises or problems in their supply.